2013年9月5日星期四

The Devil Wears Prada Jeremy DePoyster Jazzmaster talk , rhythm guitar glory

" [Co - Singer ] Mike [ Prada Fairy Bags ] came up with it ," he says. "This is hope to come to a light at the end of the tunnel . In the past Mike has always written about dark, sad and unhappy life . This time it's a more of a reference to Romans 8:18 , which speaks to the present suffering and future " Yes, it's still there, but the hope is near. " So, it's depressing and uplifting at the same time . " Than they did on the Dead Throne 2011 , the Christian metalcore quintet ( which includes guitarist Chris Rubey , bassist and drummer Andy Trick Daniel Williams , keyboardist James Baney left the band last year) worked with Adam Dutkiewicz of Killswitch Engage , the Executive producer , the multi-layered sound thrills. Although epic riffs lead axeman Rubey and rich melodic lead lines dominate the band's sound , DePoyster joint - bubbles rhythms are strong drivers locomotives. We spoke with guitarist recently on the art of playing the rhythm and why he chooses the Fender Jazzmaster decidedly not use - metal as a weapon of choice. Do you feel as if playing rhythm is something of an art underestimated , especially in the metal ? "I somehow always , really. Treasures rhythm playing is great. I do not think it does not look as cool or boring. My role in the group has changed somewhat over the years , however . I see myself as a singer, playing the guitar .. I must be doing all the clean vocals of the band , bringing the most effort and energy from me, and that's what changes a night as it is through If only I a guitarist would be my job 10 times easier because I could muscle through But this voice is terribly difficult, you really need to get to work - . c this is what I consider my major contribution to the band. Prada Clutch " There are a lot of different songs that more of my mood , the more melodic stuff and have more jammy kind . I try a bit of a production role on many things where I harness that we can help. We do our Post all depends on where it is needed when it is needed - . , there is no way all the way down . " You were a great player Jazzmaster in the past. Are you still with them? . " Oh, yes Jazzmaster I have a few parts , and then I have a Mustang and a Les Paul also happening , the Jazzmaster is my thing, that I awarded to a decline - . . B , and I use all that much as possible every day, we have tuned a number of guitars, but it's my baby . " . Jazz Masters are not really as metal guitars. What do you love so much ? " I think I just wear plaid too, and my hair is too thick [ laughs ] No, you know , I like Sonic Youth and The Cure, all these guys rock and grunge and alt- indie guys , guys . I love Gothic and so much of it that I always Mustangs at home , but I wanted a Jazzmaster so bad it was funny , but - can .. I was always like , ' Hey, buddy, I 'm in a metal band , so I do not go with a Jazzmaster . "Finally , one day I 'm just so sick of it , and I decided to do it , I knew I had to make the profit , so I have a [ Seymour Duncan ] JB in the Jazzmaster I . , I also have a JB my mustang I've tried, and man, they sounded so impressive - more resonance , more than one of the guitars that I used before .. "I like to break with tradition. I like to play what I want to play , and I do not want to sound like the other guys . Chris like most things in metal, Ibanez and Peavey love guy, and I the rocky stuff. I I just turn the gain until it sounds good , and that's what I do. I'm probably one of the few guys in a metal band that plays a jazz master. " Prada Clutch Bags On tour , we turned Jazzmaster guitar in other bands ? "I think, therefore I think there were a few guys that I know who has begun about what they did, it is not so , I challenge their ideas or spoken to think of something - they have to use what .. they want - but it's cool if you I never said people's ideas . " here, try it I can never push things on people expand ! . "You know , I love the guitar. I think every guitar has its own identity and how they play , what they play , what they want, and it's a very personal connection . This link is narrower and narrower than another one instrument. knowing this , why would you choose to play something , as I did in my youth , because it is part of a sponsorship , or it's free, or because someone told you have been , or what? "I knew that for a long time , and I 'm really put through all of them if I really get into contact with the unit and develop a genuine personal relationship began to him, he was the happiest time of my life - . , And I 'm still the bottom line is this : .. do not see what someone is playing that you want to connect with your guitar , because it's really , really different than any other instrument in the world .. " It was a special amp that you want to associate with the Jazzmaster ? "I play an Orange Rockerverb with an orange 4 x live 12th This combination leads the JBs good enough, but it always leaves the tone of the guitar shine through. I use the 100s Rockerverb because began when to break the 50's, they are a little too " are roaring - y ' for me , I need more high gain, so that the 100s do I. These amplifiers are so cool and easy to use . . I can just put all controls within an hour, then I work my tones with the gain knob . These are my go-to amp. Basically everything I have in the different sounds and sounds really good . "On record, but for each part if the rhythm or lead, I have a Peavey 6534, a Sovtek , a Marshall JCM 800, Soldano 100, a Vox or some other that [ co-producer / engineer ] Matt [ Goldman ] was to - . Rockerverb We played well and the ear 6534, the Soldano and Marshall up most dirty tones " . . In the darkness of the song , sync the guitar with a sequencer or other electronic devices ? As the song was built and layered ? " Everything was clicking , so that the parties " synchronized " in this regard , but I think there are two beats to each party and a few tracks that I played on the high frets. There are even " wrong " about the friction handle on the neck pickup , and it is steeped in time . whammy sounded even greater. much of what gives it depth is on keyboards .Prada Briefcase Chris compose a bass sound pretty ridiculous as well with a lot of training . "

没有评论:

发表评论