2012年10月28日星期日

The Sybarite’s Survival Guide: Riding Out Hurricane Sandy

Shortly after 13.30 clock on Sunday, interrupted a Windsto? the strong winds, my walk to 57th Street, from East to West burst onto the funnel limited elegant skyscrapered by Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Bulgari and Bergdorf Goodman. It was not the HIGHEST h e B I've never had to go through -? Amazingly, it was the hurricane SUSPICIOUS m not named attached to almost killed me?. But the explosion was a warning that the much vaunted Hurricane sand on the road was. Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed all? Public transport system after 19 hours because I was in the roads was ordered because I decided to close? Lich come the panic was on the way to accumulate calories in the case where my favorite restaurants had for two to close or three days? s. I speak of the Local Manhattanite in extremis: I live alone, I do not cook and I do not have a fridge at work. If the service restaurants and take-off, I starve. Louis Vuitton Leather Wallets I spent a jumble of europ? European tourists in the place of the all-glass cube Apple Store announced. In their parkas, all shades of blue, black and brown, they looked just like a big e family of seals in the sun. Au? He there was no sun, a condition to impress me, as I serrated a leaf S?, Which put my glasses had picked up after just went fulfilled by a whirlwind, when 5th Avenue 57th Street. Please note a hotel, I wanted to choose ore visitors?. But she spoke in what looked like a Nordic language. Perhaps what sse P? A gem? Igtes climate for them. ? Nally I arrived at the restaurant of my choice in the afternoon, Fred is on the 9th Floor of Barneys. It was very busy, even if only 4/5th full. Not a bad deal for the eve of the catastrophe. Aggie, the mother of the H is this son now staff gave me a hug. She noted (but not quite compliment me) on my rain jacket large enough, which was the color of a taxi in New York City. She said there were other here - "fun people" - who said she wanted to take her last meal here. She said she laughed and said that the end of the world is not until December that say the Mayan prophecies to come. I said he had went somewhere and then start ordering food. I sa? at the bar and asked for spaghetti Fred, a wonderfully soothing combination of asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and pesto. Crisis asparagus is the pasta al dente, almost hypnotic effect fetched. Hassan, the chief bartender future of the city knew what I wanted. I order something else. He said that the staff went home an hour early because the subways and buses shut. Very civil administration to do. But the disorganization of the economy of the city (except outside? Of my eating habits) is heavier. My friend Simpson Wong, who owns the k? Stliche fusion restaurant in Greenwich Village Wong ore? Selected me that he's w cancel? Chentliche Balinese roast pork, because most of his team is a function? Ngig from? Public transport to work to come. I joked that I m ??ready? Re, the 80 Bl cke? Walk from my apartment? the restaurant when they were open, but it was not m for the company? possible. All Starbucks stores in New York were closed until Monday. But my colleague Josh Sanburn, who lives in Brooklyn, reported that the well was rated the restaurant Talde in Park Slope Asian fusion, the customers on Sunday: big two I explained to neon yellow and green ren "Yes, we are open? "and" punch francs Storm: $ 8 "But I can not get there from here .. ? Ter sp ore Selected me a friend at another restaurant to me that executives have fte staff Selected ore they ben term, come on Monday -? When the storm will be even harder. No member of the staff at this restaurant lives in Manhattan, should subways start until Tuesday. I'm happy for Intel: It's never good to be in a restaurant with servers revenge. I'm glad that I have a great s lechon asado to check on my neighborhood Chino Latino restaurant as my back-up for Monday. There is enough salt and fat, as to withstand without cooling for one or two days. Chez Fred, I finished my meal and said Hassan and Aggie are safely home. On the way back to the office, I saw that the seal colony-le-Scandinavians were scattered hopefully safer climes. Bergdorf had wooden planks to protect developed department store display windows. The winds turned the 57th, and I returned to the office to help prepare for the perfect storm TIME

没有评论:

发表评论