2012年6月14日星期四

Chanel Iman replaced Anna Wintour at the track to win the event last night

  Anna Wintour hosted its second track to earn fundraiser last night in Chicago (she helped organize the first with Scarlett Johansson in theory store in New York in February). Unfortunately, injured supermodel Iman co-hosted last week his foot and was unable to do so. This gave Anna the replacement as comfortable as possible: The model Chanel Iman. Their names are kinda the same thing, and they are both tall, slim and beautiful, then who are experiencing different now? As Anna pointed out in his campaign speeches, Chanel is not yet old enough to have voted for Obama in the last election, but it contributed to his campaign anyway (true dedication!).

Earlier in his speech, tells Anna a story about how cute she had received a call from Matthew Barzun, National Finance Chair for the Obama campaign, and she assumed he wanted to talk about how serious the European policy, or something. . "I did all my homework, and I went to our lunch with a large file," she said, but then put out that he wanted to talk about animals - namely, the Bark Obama could sport clothing sell them to raise money for the campaign. Which of course they got Marc Jacobs and Thakoon to design, and soon they will sell like hotcakes, and probably help Obama much more than Wintour thoughts on Europe. (Or maybe not?)

You can read and see video of full speech of Anna here. Unfortunately, there is no video of Chanel Iman.

    I'm Anna Wintour, and I am delighted to be here. Before my comments, I just want you to tell a little story, something happened to me earlier this year. I was in Washington for a meeting, then I got a call ... asked if I wanted to meet Ambassador Matthew Barzun, National Finance Chairman of the Campaign for the [Obama]. And I have never met the ambassador had the right, so I thought, Oh, I'm sure he wants me to talk about what people say in New York in the campaign or to listen to what I will do in terms of fundraising or my views on Europe. And I did all my homework, and I went to our lunch with a large file, and he sat down and said, "I want to talk about animals .. Animals for Obama," He said: "I was so of what the design community has done for the campaign impressed, I really think that they now have a collection of animals. " I then returned to New York and convinced Marc Jacobs to bark for Obama [held her a stuffed dog wearing a sweater as the crowd cheered Obama] and Thakoon a leash and collar fantastic. So if you have not bought one today evening, please. That was my first meeting with the ambassador.

    But seriously, I am pleased to be here to support President Barack Obama. I have my regrets to the co-chair of the Iman sent. Unfortunately, she injured her foot last week and was not able to be here. But I'm so happy to be here with Chanel Iman, and I am delighted that we Mellody Hobson, a longtime friend and supporter of President, this evening with us. Mellody, thank you for tonight, and for everything you do.

    We have to change this way back in 2008 with the track, and four years later, change is exactly what we saw. Thank you to our President, America is a place, a fairer, healthier and live-tolerant. But there is still much more to do. In the spirit of the world we live in now are happy, all of us, including the fashion industry in order to do their part contribute their part to protect the progress we have made until now. And what's better than doing the industry of fashion, because we love so changed.

    Shortly after we win the track in New York, launched, we opened the track in order to win the design challenge. Since then, hundreds of Americans have a lot of excellent innovative and dynamic design. In a few weeks we will be the winners and their winning designs will be joining the collection on the track, in addition to the already best-selling designs of some of the best designers in America. Eight of these designers are here tonight. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication of the President. I would also like Lauren Tory Burch Silvano, who win their way to the legendary pop-up shop designed and tied my scarf today thank evening. Thank you!

    And perhaps I should mention that the huge public interest in this challenge is enlightening to hear how much fashion for many people from all walks of life. There is also a global company with $ 20 billion to the economy, and employs 4 million people. We are very happy to have a President and First Lady are so low for our industry.

    And now I am very pleased to present Chanel Iman. And I must say, I'm very proud of the achievements of Chanel since we him on the cover of Vogue back in May 2007. At 17, even before they could vote, Chanel has our fundraising efforts for Obama has supported in 2008. In just one term, they grew into a confident young woman lit and well rounded. Chanel is with USAID and the campaign of the Council of the TA to raise awareness about the devastating famine, war and drought in the Horn of Africa is aligned. She is an inspiration to so many young Americans that help given to the President of our country to move forward.



没有评论:

发表评论